Some of the Terminal Apps I've been using
I’ve been all-in on the command line for a while now. I basically live in a complex set of tmux panes. If you’re interested in doing the same, here’s a list of the apps I use regularly.
- tmux – tmux is a terminal multiplexer. Ties everything together.
- Mutt – There’s no better way to handle email
- Vim – The perfect text editor
- VimWiki – I’ve fallen in love with vimwiki.
- jrnl – The Command Line Journal. Writes to either plain text files or to Day One.
- WeeChat – IRC client. I find it easier to use than irssi.
- doing – Brett Terpstra’s simple app for recording what I’m doing. I use this for time tracking.
- turses – Curses-based Twitter client. This is new to me and I’m not sure how often I’ll use it but it’s the best one I’ve found.
- Remind – A ridiculously flexible calendar/reminder app.
- Wyrd – Nice front end to Remind.
- Taskwarrior – Manages lots of tasks without getting in the way.
- Vit – Makes Taskwarrior feel like Vim.